This is me....

My Photo
I'm a person of wide interest. I like doing a lot of things but I'm a master at none. Right now I'm having so much fun making cards to share with my friends and family ....There are so many wonderful designers out there and the creativity of each one is so incredible. Im currently taking a painting class working with acrylic paints. I have a loving family...Married to the same wonderful man for over 31 years. I have three grown children and one beautiful grandaughter(who also shares my love of crafting).

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Challenge #35 at Michelle perkett Studios

                                                                                                                                                                          Well back for another exciting challenge...
We were to use  punches (any kind, MS,
Spellbinders etc) and some sort of fussy cutting be it the image or cut a flower or design out of DP.

This is what I wanted to try.....An Explosion box!!! Its a card and gift in one, I haven't put an sentiment on it yet ....haven't decide what I want to use. There are many tutorials on YouTube on how to make these boxes.
I made my box bigger  then in the tutorials so that I could accommodate my  image.....All the flowers were from punches I have, (MS,EK,Sizzix)....This was so much fun to make and it really wasn't hard at all....after all the cutting I just had to assemble..
Paper: Core'dinations,white card stock.vellum,assorted DP
Punches:( MS hydrangeas, hydrangea's boarder, daisy boarder),(Daisy chain boarder,Sm and Med retro    flower all EK )
Stamp: Michelle Perkett ,DIGITAL STAMP - THREE GRACES BALLERINAS

 Hope you enjoy !!
Hugs Jean

7 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is stunning Jean! I love everything about it. You've coloured the 3 Graces so beautifully...what a lovely surprise when you open the box :) Great inspiration for our challenge this week!

Michelle said...

OMG, Jean! This is gorgeous!! An explosion of flowers and colors for sure!! WOW! What amazing colors and details on all the 3 graces and your lovely flowers!! Just beautiful, Jean!! Thank you for such wonderful inspiration this week!!:)

Kathy Czygan said...

Faaaaaaab-Uuuu-Lous! There is so much detail here Jean! Oh , this is just awesome! I love everything about this! What a beautiful gift that some lucky someone will receive! Perfect!

H2 :) said...

Hi Jean. Your creation is absolutely exquisite! What a beautiful gift. :)

trish said...

Hi Jean,
I love this explosion box- you have made it so intricate using all those MS punches as well as 1 of Michelle's lovely images.
Just had a wee browse round your blog and loving what I see, so I've become one of your groupies... I mean followers LOL!!
Thank you so much for the kind, encouraging words you left on my blog, I'm quite new to all this, and really appreciate you taking the time to visit.
Many hugs,
Trish

Chris said...

This is by far the most wonderful use of an explosion box I've ever seen...I just love it. You did a beautiful job on it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, your explosion box is gorgeous! The colors are beautiful, wow!

My artful jounery and craft space

Thanks for Visiting

Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back and leave me a comment I like hearing what you think.....Hugs Jean